Stoptober – the NHS initiative which asks smokers to ditch the cigarettes for 28 days in October – is in full swing, with nearly quarter of a million people already signed up to the challenge. Here at Ollie & Darsh we are fully behind this drive, not just because of the obvious health benefits – because it’s good for your teeth too.
Smoking leads to all kinds of dental and oral health problems, including:
- Bad breath
- Yellowed or discoloured teeth
- Build up of plaque on the teeth
- Increased risk of gum disease – smokers are six times more likely to suffer with this condition, which can end in tooth loss
- Increased chance of loss of bone within the jaw
- Slower healing process after tooth removal or other oral surgery
- Reduced rate of the success in dental implant procedures
- Higher risk of developing oral cancer
All nasty stuff, which the team here aims to reduce in our clients. So if you are taking up the challenge this Stoptober, why not pop in for a free consultation and book a clinical assessment, where we can provide expert advice, oral cancer screening and a full plan to get your teeth back to being beautiful.
And if you haven’t signed up? Why not do so today? https://stoptober.smokefree.nhs.uk/registration-c